Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Writer's Workshop: ABCs of ME

On to the Reindeer game! Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop chosen prompt:
2.) Write a 26-line poem using all the letters of the alphabet, where the first line starts with the letter "A," the second "B," the third "C," etc., culminating with the final line starting with "Z."


ABCs of ME


Anonymous

But well known

Cunning and never

Deceptively thrown

Elegant while spinning

Farce and fiction alike

Goddess of house and

Home and mike.

Injured reserve and

Jaded, no less

Killing me softly

Letting me confess

My thoughts, nay my dreams

Never brought to light

Oh, how I wish

Paupers no fright.

Queue up for the game

Realize your limit

Surprise yet again

Turn around and spin it.

Uniformity unmasked

Virtual gazes

Wishing for yet more and more

X-ray phrases.

Yelling and screaming and finding no solace

Zipping through life with too many causes.


And...

(Because I’m an overachiever with poetry)

.

A

Bear

Cub

Dangled his

Eager

Foot, just above the

Gurgling pond.

He heard

It

Jingle,

Klink, then

La-POOT

“Mama,

Not

On

Papa’s

Quingle!”

Rearing up and

Steady, our

Tired bear

Undid the bracelet of

Violets he

Wore. Then, an

X-tra wide

Yawn, he

Zzzzzzzleeps.

20 comments:

Jeanne Estridge February 26, 2009 at 3:40 AM  

A Big Cheer Due, Entertainer, For Germinating Happy Iambs. Just Knowing a Lady, Mother, Natural Orator, Perspicacious, Quintessentially Rational, Story Teller, Unblushingly Visionary, With X-chromosomes Yelling Zaniness.

(Okay, that sucks, but at least I gave it a shot.)

Anonymous,  February 26, 2009 at 4:09 AM  

You are an overachiever. Something like this would take me forver.

I'm excited to caught up with you later today.

Jenners February 26, 2009 at 6:03 AM  

Loving these, Miss Overachiever! The first one is fantastic and the second one is super cute! You rock!

Anonymous,  February 26, 2009 at 6:20 AM  

You did a great job then gave us more. Thanks

buffalodick February 26, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

Very creative! I'd be that all morning to do one!

Michelle February 26, 2009 at 6:43 AM  

That was great! Zipping through life is something I can relate to.

CDB February 26, 2009 at 6:49 AM  

@JEanne: nice! That was quick!
@K: can't wait to see you guys "IRL!"
@Jenners, yours was better!
@Elftea, Michelle: thanks for stopping by!
@Buff: look at Jeanne, she can do it in her sleep!

KatBouska February 26, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

Look at you!! Those are awesome...my favorite was the first one. I can't believe how much information you were able to compact into such a short poem. Goddess of Mike, I applaud you.

septembermom February 26, 2009 at 7:22 AM  

So creative! I like "elegant while spinning". This looks like a fun game to try. I think I'll share your second bear poem with my kids. I know they will enjoy it :)

Anonymous,  February 26, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

I absolutely loved both of them! What a treat to read these!

♥ Kathy February 26, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

Woohoo we got 2! I liked them both :)

A Closet Writer February 26, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

Bravo, I loved it!!! I especially loved the latter half of the ABC's. You got talent! I love the website you mentioned where you got the prompt and I'll be using it on my blog too. Thanks!

Kristen February 26, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

Show off! #1 Very Good. #2 Very cute. Still a show off.

Angela Tolsma February 26, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

WOW!! The bear cub one is fabulous!

Your talented.. I'm way to chicken to even try it!!

your first comment is pretty good to!!

Kitten February 26, 2009 at 1:17 PM  

I could use a poetry writing class, taught by you! Well done!

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP