Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Valentine's Poem, Divine

Blicky Kitty, over at Blicky Kitty, has a very cool reason to purr today: a Karm-a-Thon! With a cool button with Blick in half lotus, to boot.

Ode To My Bloggy Friends
All week long, I read and I weep
Try to stay strong, remembering posts from the Deep
:
Comments that fill me with love and regard
Creating a task I begin to find hard
:
All of you wordsmith like professional bards
I squint and I think, Could I be this away far?
:
My pleasures - all daily, from the Font of the Blog
Jenners, so witty, Mama Kat in a fog,
K, you're hilarious and Un-Mom so jaded
Buffalo Dick with his cuisine art unfaded.
Sprite's Keeper with her inspiration all week
OneMinuteWriter a preponderance of brilliance,
so meek.
:
Jeanne with her past suddenly funny and bare
And real my life friends BigBi, HighHeeledMama so fair.
:
My compliments, my compliments, all you friends bloggy
I call mine
The writing, the wisdom, laughter splits
is divine
All week I did ponder, focused to share
A compliment here for Blicky to bear.
But wither, to wit, I can only imagine
My highest of compliments to you,
In true bloggy fashion.

13 comments:

A Closet Writer February 14, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

I just wanted to compliment me you on your win with one minute writer with the fiction piece "coming home". I read your piece before it was posted as a win and wa amazed how much emotion you evoked with just a few sentences. Congrats!

Blicky Kitty February 14, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

What a kind and wonderful post. I love the way you string words together too. It belies an agile and interesting mind... I look forward to reading many future posts CDB!

Chris February 14, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

That was very creative. =D

Jan Holt February 14, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

You have a beautiful way with words. Thanks for visiting my blog too.

The yoga was heart-focused as we set our intention throughout to open ourselves to each other and the world at large. We practiced expanding our chests and lengthening our spines in each asana. We also pretended to be open-hearted surfers in Warrior II, had some belly laughs, and ate dark chocolate kisses. It was all good fun!

Anonymous,  February 15, 2009 at 4:08 AM  

Thanks for the love.

Hope you guys had a great Valentine's Day!

Jeanne Estridge February 15, 2009 at 5:15 AM  

What a lovely tribute -- we love you, too! (Where can I find your winning one-minute-writer entry?)

CDB February 15, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

@ClostWriter: thank you, thank you, sincerely! (I was surprised.)
@Blicky: it was you, madame, that brought it about!
@Chris: thanks!
@Petals: that sounds amazing, and so creative. I teach seniors and we do 'flying hearts' all the time, what a good expansion of the poses (no pun.)
@K, Buffalo: you deserve it.
@Jeanne: go here:
http://oneminutewriter.blogspot.com/2009/02/friday-fiction-home.html

Keely February 15, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

Moi? Jaded?? ;)

Thanks for the linky love! Happy V-Day!

Sprite's Keeper February 15, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

Thank you so much for the tribute! I love poems so much and to be included in this rhyme is an honor. I'm blushing! Seriously, thanks!

Jenners February 15, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

This was so cool! I'm honored to be included in such a great poem. I'm very impressed with your poetry skills. And I don't think I've ever seen links in a poem before .. the poem that gives linky love! Perfect for Valentine's Day!

And you captured so much of what I love about blogging too!

Captain Dumbass February 15, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

I walked past a yoga studio yesterday with my 3 and 5 year old's. They were confused.

KatBouska February 15, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

High Heeled Mama is your real friend!?! Awwww, no fair...I bet you guys are fun! I love this poem!! Our own little bloggy vday gift, thank you!!!

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP