Sunday, February 22, 2009

And the Winner Is...

No! This is not your update on the Academy Award Winners, but those words typed together will sure get me some google searches tomorrow. What do ya wanna bet? Also, in my humble film-major-turned-film-critic-because-it-wasn't-a-likely-career-path opinion, the Oscars are becoming like the Super Bowl.. predictable, but good ads. (Psst! See my Slumdog Millionaire review! Chris Dickens really deserved Best Film Editing. Danny Boyle really deserved Best Director. Best Score. Best Song. Etc.)

I have TWO winners of the Riddle Me This! to announce, both in the category of:

SMARTEST KID IN CLASS
First Prize - International Division: J Cosmo Newbery

Photo credit http://www.justhungry.com/images/marmite_jar.jpg


First Prize - Domestic Division: Beth
(Don't worry, I know how to find her in real life! I also happen to know she could really use one right now!!)

The correct response was indeed "The Blind Leading the Blind", and that was not the original riddle I'd intended to post. Why, yes! That means I have others up my sleeve, and I thought of a few more clever ones on my long drive with sleeping toddler. I think, therefore I riddle.
:
I'd like to thank the Academy.

8 comments:

Anonymous,  February 23, 2009 at 3:49 AM  

Welcome back - and congrats to the winners.

Jeanne Estridge February 23, 2009 at 5:12 AM  

I have GOT to go see Slumdog....

CDB February 23, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

@Cosmo, you deserve it. Bask away.
@Jeanne, definitely do, worth the trip. See in the theater.
@Buffalo, no, but my Ozzie friends all went ape over Marmite. And it's Cosmo's award.

mielikki February 23, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

just so you know, if there was Nutella involved I'd have been right in there, arm wrestling those other bloggers to the ground....
hope you had a good trip

Jenners February 24, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

I love the two divisions!
And you know I love the game!
And I'm wondering if you got any Google searches based on this title ... you really are a comment whore, aren't you? ; )

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP