Monday, February 16, 2009

Random Thoughts: High Brow/Low Brow


It's Tuesday again! Go swing by and say Hi to Keely, she's having a rough one.


High Brow Random:

I met with author Svetlana Kim Monday morning. She is a real life super-heroine, who just published her memoir about her life as a Korean-Russian political refugee who escaped from Communist Russia. She got a blackmarket plane ticket, arrived in NYC with one dollar in her pocket, and, with the help of a complete stranger, hopped a bus to San Francisco. She was cleaning lady turned Hall-of-Fame stockbroker turned successful networker and head of a major women's organization. Her book, White Pearl and I, was published four weeks ago. I, humble and little old me, will be helping her with marketing! Look forward to book reviews and giveaways, maybe around Big 100. Not a radio station, sillies, posts.

Middle of the Road Random:
Have you ever tried blowing your nose while chewing? It's physically impossible.

Low Brow Random: WHO will lose her DREAM of marrying Jason .. FOREVER?
The Bachelor. Ah, the sweet taste of trash television.
I'm so mad, I'm so mad. Why did he have to fire the cool chick? Jillian was cool, that's why there's a bar chain named Jillian's.

And every time one of the girl's said, "I just really want to open up to him.." my husband and I snickered. Think, minds in the gutter. The only way we can get through it now is laughing at them. So, when Molly was giving him the Written Spanish Inquisition (her list of 100 questions) and said, the last question is "for later tonight", we had to come up with something about STDs.
HEY, I said it was low-brow.
:
Not Random At All: I thought it would be fun if my hubby played today. So, here goes:
"Hey, sweetie! Have you had any random thoughts today?"
"Nope!"

10 comments:

Captain Dumbass February 17, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Your husband lies. All we have is random thoughts stringing together one or two coherent ones.

Captain Dumbass February 17, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

Gah! Damn Blogger! That last one was me.

Anonymous,  February 17, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Isn't the bachelor addicting. I can't stop watching, but it's so dumb.

CDB February 17, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

Ooooh.. Captain Dumbass, a dual ego? INteresting...

Keely February 17, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

No thoughts at ALL? Or just no random ones??

Stacy Uncorked February 17, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

Love the bachelor...so annoyingly addicting! ;) My hubby will usually say he has no random thoughts, either...yet he'll do a lot of random chit chat more often than not...maybe he just doesn't think those thoughts are so 'random'... ;)

Happy Random Tuesday! :)

buffalodick February 17, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

Men only pretend to be stupid.. you know, the way women pretend to be helpless to get someone else to do something they don't want to?

J Cosmo Newbery February 17, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

Thinking is highly over-rated. I think.

Pseudo February 17, 2009 at 4:23 PM  

The memoir sounds very interesting. First time here so I am trying to figure things out - like - are you the Captain's wife?

Jenners February 18, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

This was a cool post!
And wow ... you get to work with authors! How neat! And her story sounds very interesting. you are doing your job already as I want to check out this book.

And I'll have to check out the nose blowing chewing thing myself. I'm never one to just believe what is told to me.

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP