Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Combination List of Random Things on My Mind

Mama Kat's Writing Workshop is one of my favorite blogging games, because it's not just a game. It's a way of life. I write because I like to talk. I talk because I cannot help it. So, by the transitive property of equality.. you do the math. This week, several prompts are challenging. I chose the cop-out prompt. The list.

Though, lists have been getting me into trouble lately. (See having to talk about Ricki Lake.)

4) Write a list of ten things on your mind this week.

1. Why (for goodness' sake, why) did I mention something in a list that I didn't want to admit, describe, remember or go into detail about? Should I tell the Kevin Costner story to make up?
2. Do we really need a new refrigerator?
3. Is a bird in the hand worth two in the bush? What if there are three in the bush? And five more in the shrubbery to the left of the cart path? How much is a bird worth? [This is a serious matter.]*
4. Will my Asian yogis forgive me for having to take my toddler to the doctor instead of teaching them their weekly yoga?
5. If Keynesian economics has never truly been tested, and the Senate agrees on a number between $700B and $900B, then will "negative (public) saving that deficits represent .. largely offset the positive economic effects from addressing the broader set of longer-term saving and investment needs"? **
6. Is it really important how many comments I get on a blog post? [YES.]
7. "Hey. YA-AH. Baby, I got cha number."
8. Should my husband take that job he was offered this morning?
9. I cannot believe we became victims of this economic downturn. Oh wait, yes I can.
10. It's an interesting calculation: how much productive time has been lost in the past week from people completing the "25 Random Things" survey on facebook? Do we all need that much attention from each other? Has anyone not done this yet? Does anyone not know what I'm talking about? Have you been living under a rock (quote from UVA undergrad working at Best Buy when we tried to buy an iPod "mini" end of 2005)?

* See #8
** EconomistMom.com

12 comments:

J Cosmo Newbery February 5, 2009 at 1:45 AM  

Wow! Your mind really is random! It must be hell in there.

Anonymous,  February 5, 2009 at 4:32 AM  

What job did he get? I vote take it unless there are already a bunch of other options lined up - but then I'm not much of a risk taker.

Please come visit today and sign up to guest post! Yay 100 posts!

Suzi February 5, 2009 at 6:20 AM  

Random thoughts. You fit the bill. As far as attention, I think we all crave a little.

buffalodick February 5, 2009 at 7:55 AM  

Forget our Ritalin today, did we? I had a hard time keeping up!

CDB February 5, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

@Cosmo, BuffaloDick: Man. These stung today! Funny, I read this list to my husband last night and he didn't blink. Real life is like this, too.

Anonymous,  February 5, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

Random thoughts are what take up most of my waking existence unfortunately.

Sprite's Keeper February 5, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

I have always wondered myself if a bird in the hand is really worth two in the bush. I think it depends on the birds and inflation.

Jenners February 5, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

I am listening. And I'm amazed at what is one your mind...but it was good. And I think the 25 Things people on Facebook should get a blog instead! And the birds in the bush seemed like too much math for me.

Jeanne Estridge February 5, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

Sounds like this week has been a little stressful -- and maybe no different from any other week!

Keely February 5, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

I got 'tagged' 4 times on Facebook with that 25 Things game. I just linked them to the multiple posts I've done on the subject of ME.

Tamara Dawn February 6, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

I just wanted to thank you for your message to Tuesday's family. Your heart is made up and will be delivered to them with many messages of love & encouragement.

Please continue to spread the message. I want to fill a whole box for the Whitt family.

God Bless!

Tamara

http://proudtobecheap.blogspot.com/

PS - You got to go on Ricki Lake?? Cool :)

CJ February 7, 2009 at 12:05 AM  

You're not so strange. We do some of the same things to save money. Our thermostat is set even lower. In our old drafty house, I sit at my computer with an old heating pad under my feet. My toes are warm and the heat rises to warm the rest of me. We used to put tons of money in IRAs and 401ks (retired now) but they are all worth about 65% of what they were at the end of 2007. Oh, well. We aren't withdrawing anything yet, so maybe they will go up some before we need to do that. Gee, I haven't done my 25 things list yet ---so that makes 2 of us.

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP