Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Love on Love: my Spin

I'm Spinning on Love this week, in honor of Sprite's Keeper's Spin Cycle:
::
Baby Love

A new mother's love upon her green soul
Like a new found compliment to relish, to dole
Is rich with passion, and eager and frightened
At no other time are we this, so enlightened.

Twisting the continuum of timespace and time
Slowing it down, seeking which to unwind
In a flash, so we gather, sew together the thoughts
Words and dreams, pleasures with and with naught.

Colors swirling and blending and bending with lead
On prancer! On vixen! And off with his head.
The memories we keep, disasters loathed from our cave
Dark foreboding explored, rejected and saved.

Come out from within and recognize the light
Looking closely, the sparkle, twinkle and might.
Our strength, from within, all this we do share
Look back. My own Mother, it was she who did dare.

Wrap your arms, my true love, around me and squeeze
For this grace and our peace, I fall to my knees.

10 comments:

Anonymous,  February 11, 2009 at 4:03 AM  

A love poem...nice spin

Very inspired.

Jenners February 11, 2009 at 5:53 AM  

Wow! What a neat poem! So many interesting images and rhymes. Very Creative!

Blicky Kitty February 11, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

I love the first line "upon her green soul." Beautiful.

Tiffany February 11, 2009 at 6:57 AM  

Beautiful poem. I like how you brought it back to the previous generation. Time, space and time continuing. Nice!

buffalodick February 11, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

A blog named "Fingers and Paws",
Chose rhyme to present her good cause,
With beautiful prose,
She presented a rose,
In the form of a poem so sweet.

Sprite's Keeper February 11, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

I'm not sure I should leave a comment after buffalodick...
Beautiful poem! So elegant. I'm honored to link this!

CDB February 11, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

I love that you all loved it..
Kim: look forward to your spin soon!
Jenners, Blicky&Tiffany: thank you!
BuffaloD: very nice return poem!
Sprite: I'm glad you did!

Anonymous,  February 11, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

So many great comments today - Your blog is definitely growing.

buffalodick February 11, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

I absolutely love Limericks- and can write one in a heartbeat!

Laufa February 13, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

You know how to really put words to prose, I am in awe of your writing. Great spin!!

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP