Saturday, March 14, 2009

Time to Be Honest

First, please offer up your prayers, your positive thoughts and your kind words to Braja in her time of healing.
:::

Let me be honest. I'm way too honest. To a fault.

I went back through my "Edit Posts" feature, and found that some posts that I had drafted had never actually been published; but they "count" in the post "count". Point? I'm more like nine or ten posts away from my 100th post. Some of you that are the very sharpest tacks in the drawer picked up on my late "makeup" posts that I posted deep in the Archives late last night. Good catch! I even made up my own meme because I'd said that I would (honesty thing again.) Examine your heart at your own risk!

It was my husband who said, "100 Posts? Really? Is that possible... already?"

Time does fly, my friends. Birds are starting to visit the new birdfeeder; my toddler has learned to say "I seeeeeeeeeee you," whilst hiding; my yellow Lab is not racing in a mad dash up the back yard steps to chase squirrels with her brother. Spring is trying desperately to sprung. My legs are still sore from the run on Thursday, so that I had to explain why I was adding extra stretches to my kid yoga kids this morning. (Embarrassing.)

Time marches on. Sometimes slipping by, unnoticed, until we look up from our intensely busy days. Sometimes with the exacting barometer of a child, who seems to transform into a new version of himself overnight...advancing his knowledge, language, and dramatic acting skills daily.

And, finally... this blog. Your blogs. Look over at the left-hand side of mine, and whichever side your archives are on. How much has been written! How much sharing has been done! How much time have I stolen from you while I riff about life? How many moments have flown by, while life is desperately beside us, trying to keep up!

Hold on, tightly. Savor those moments until they slowly dissolve, leaving a whole new flavor in your mouth.

11 comments:

Jeanne Estridge March 14, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

Braja's terrible accident has brought me a new appreciation of my friends in the blog world -- and I count you as one of my favorites -- perhaps because we're both novelists as well as bloggers.

septembermom March 14, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

I feel like one week just dissolves into the next. Time seems to go by way too fast! As you said, kids change so much and so quickly. So cute how your little one says "I seeeeee you." I love those hide and seek games. My daughter could play for hours. I'm glad that I spend some of my time my day reading your blog. It is always well spent time:)

buffalodick March 15, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

I guess I'd better find out what happened to Braja before I comment..

Blicky Kitty March 15, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

Oh I should go count. I have no idea. The thing that gets me are how many unread blog entries are out there when we were all just starting blogs. How many hours did I waste away on that! :)

Anonymous,  March 15, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

I know, I think I've written about 186 posts on just my ONE site (I have three). All in under a year! I jsut started blogging last August, I sure talk a lot!

Ragamuffin Gal March 15, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

Your blog is a treasured nugget as I wait for Spring to spring! I agree with time ~ can't believe it is almost 8 pm on a Sun. evening and my lesson plans are not even close to being finished. Your blog is a welcomed diversion!

Anonymous,  March 15, 2009 at 5:45 PM  

Time really is flying.

It is amazing that you've made it to 100 (even if there be a tiny bit of fudging involved).

Jenners March 17, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

I've been hearing quite a bit about poor Braja. It is amazing how attached you get to your blogging friends and how tragedy in their lives can affect you so much.

And I'm coming up on 100 too -- probably in the next two weeks or so!

Casey March 17, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

I was one of the ones who found your hidden post, sorry. I would have ignored it had I known you wanted that.

I love the "I see you" game. Graham plays it all the time and it's so stinkin cute. He's turning into such a little boy and is no longer a baby. I've been trying to slow down and watch the transformation so I don't miss a thing.

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP