Sunday, March 8, 2009

Joy Is.. Hungry, Hungry Hippos

I feel like I haven't posted in DAYS. That's because I haven't. Count your blessings.
But! I am a total freak and had to share why. Yesterday, it was 70 degrees after a millennium of cold, freezing dreariness. I don't know how my Irish ancestors dealt with clouds. So I'm coming home from Trader Joe's avoiding the return home back to my visiting mother-in-law, taking a detour to take further advantage of free babysitting and rolled down all the windows, opened the sunroof, cranked up the Yes song that was on XM ("Roundabout",) not generally a groovin' & cruisin' song, but hey. This is my high that we're on. And I proceeded to sing, careen around corners, unable to see for the hair blowing in my face, and swerve around children it was grand.

In other joy news, we are lucky to have a kick-a** zoo down the road, where the elephants are trained, good sports that they are. Joy is... being a kid again while watching your own revel in his youth. Amazing, these giant ton-weighing hippos eat the same thing for snack as we do: apples!

There were also gorillas and orangutans hanging from the rafters.Speaking of apes, don't miss watching Dook crumble under the pressure of our Carolina Tarheels this afternoon! A more suited rival we couldn't have..

8 comments:

buffalodick March 8, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

That's a zoo? Looks more like a bar I frequent...

Kitten March 8, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

That hippo in the first picture was so cute!

Anonymous,  March 8, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

My MIL was in town this weekend too. (super fun for all)

The weather was wonderful wasn't it?

septembermom March 8, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

My kids love the zoo. I get such a kick out of their faces when they watch the animals. They are big fans of the gorillas. I like having those alone "joy" rides too!

Jenners March 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

I love hippos -- they are so big but have such tiny ears! Hilarious! Sounds like a nice weekend! And taking a break from blogging is a good thing! I'm doing the same and cutting back.

mielikki March 8, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

I love zoo's.
The big cats are my favorite. And sometimes, a nice drive, in good spring weather is just the thing to blow out the cobwebs. I can't wait to take the top off my jeep.

~ Denise ~ March 9, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

wow..I was almost in the car with ya right up until the Yes song (just not one of my faves).

Glad you got some springtime freedom! ;)

Debbie March 9, 2009 at 8:32 AM  

This weather is so great! Perfect time for a visit to the zoo.

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP