Monday, March 2, 2009

Surprise! Snow Fear


I wasn't going to post this morning (see Friday.) But a wondrous thing happened:

Snow Fear

Splashes of blue upon a white canvas, daybreak, cantilevered light
Snow bunnies buried in nests, look about. Then hiding in fright
Gusting, swirling and gusting, blinding with wind and with white

A pile so thick our door stays shut, Nor'easters' lesson: snowed in like King Tut
The risk exists that one little twist makes me a blissful nut:
We're very well stuck here all day, it would seem, caught in a veritable rut.

Change the outcome, realign the maligned focus, treat it like non-annoy
Channel the innermost memories and remedy the way for childlike joy
A huge red sled, two siblings and gravity pulling us down with a ploy.

Screams and shouts of happiness, ignoring wet and cold at our peril
Fresh tracks and smiles, memories solidified, forever with me carrying
Savor moments as these in perpetuity, forever etched, ne'er impaired.

Bundle up my love, and enjoy uncomplicated paradigm of Play
The sheer, unadulterated joy of a young child's first Snow Day.


(The sun has come out since I've composed this. Can't wait to devour this with the 35 mm!)

13 comments:

buffalodick March 2, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

God, I hate snow.... It isn't snowing here today, but at 6F this morning, we have our own problems.... I haver never in my life, spent more time inside than this winter!

Kitten March 2, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

It finally stopped snowing here...well, as soon as I publish this it'll start up again.

mielikki March 2, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

we are enjoying, for once, just plain rain here. I love the rain....
very nice pictures.

septembermom March 2, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

We are snowbound today too! The snow looks beautiful lining the trees in my backyard. Great pictures! I love your use of descriptive language in this post.

Debbie March 2, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

It went south of us so no snow for me!

Anonymous,  March 2, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

Crazy snow - I can't believe this much actually fell.

Laura Jayne March 2, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

Love this writing and the wonderful pictures. How fun that the prompt was rather serendipitous today. :)

Blicky Kitty March 2, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

Lovely poem. Lovely pictures! My first reaction seeing them so close to the toes was "oh they're going to freeze their tootsies! I actually am one of the weird ones who doesn't mind snow. Good way to feel here in MA. I starting whining like a toddler in the heat though! :)

CDB March 2, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

@BD: I can relate, today!
@Kitten: I bet it starts again, too.
@Mie: I love that you love rain! That's a great quality, to embrace the gray, muted tones. I hate the rain.
@Sept.Mom: I love your snow-post today!
@Debbie, you're lucky and K, hope you and J. got to play!
@LJ and Blick: thank for you for noticing the poem on this post!!

Michelle March 2, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Yeah for a snow day! My daughter is going to be visiting the east coast soon.....I hope it warms up or she is going to freeze her southern california butt off.

Kim March 2, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Love your positive outlook on this looooong winter! Looking forward to your sunny pics.

♥ Braja March 2, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

That is so beautiful...

Then again I don't have to live there :)

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP