Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts

: I'm guest posting over at What It's Like to Be Mie today, so go check her me us out! Happy St. Patty's! It's her Terrible Two-Versary. Wish her luck.. Terrible Two's are YIKES. (And my son is 22 months old.)

: Everyone knows about those "My Child is an HONOR Student at Superstupendousamazing Elementary School." I've been wondering lately, what is the checks-and-balances system behind this bumper-sticker distribution? If a class slips through where she/he just couldn't quite cut it and got a 'B', God forbid, do they come through the parking lot and remove said stickers off the offending vans? Do the parents protest the removal, or hide shamefully in the bushes? Are there fights? Teacher on parents? Principal on parent? B.F. Skinner on Homer?

: I really love Random Tuesday Thoughts. It allows my brain to act naturally. For example. Ben Bernanke is kind of cute, in an erudite sort of way. I'm going to pretend he doesn't resemble my Father-in-Law.

: After teaching my kid yoga class Sat., I was starving. My husband I agreed to meet out for lunch near the house, he'd bring the toddler. (Lest he fend for himself at home.) Chipotle near Home Depot. Ok. So, I'm sitting at the Chipotle near Home Depot, waiting, by myself. Ordered, sitting, still waiting. Problem is, he's at THE OTHER Chipotle near THE OTHER Home Depot, across town, waiting. At a TOTALLY different restaurant near a totally different Home Depot.
This is how the phone call went:
"Are you at Chipotle?"
"Yes! Are you here?"
"The one near Home Depot?"
"Yes!"
"Which Home Depot?"
"The one near our house!"
(Sigh)

: Chocolate chip cookie dough, frozen, is quite possibly the most addicting food that exists.

: My yellow Lab's butt is starting to stink. Because of the blogosphere, I think I need to have her anal glands checked. She will be absolutely furious with me for telling you all this.

: I asked my husband for a completely random thought, as he was extending his hand to me, in a loving pitch to get me to come to bed. His response: "Yesterday was Monday."
(I'm typing this today. As far as I know, today is Monday. He's way ahead of himself.)

: Happy Random Tuesday! Go check out more Randomized Randomness at Keely's place.

22 comments:

♥ Kathy March 16, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

lmao @ your Lab's butt :D

Debbie March 16, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

I don't like those bumper stickers. And worse are the ones that say "my dog is smarter than your honor student." What have we become?

david mcmahon March 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

I'm delighted to hear that Ben Bernanke doesn't resemble anyone remotely related to you!

Anonymous,  March 17, 2009 at 4:23 AM  

At least your husband should also resemble your FIL right?

Love the RTTs.

Keely March 17, 2009 at 6:22 AM  

Your poor dog. She must be so embarrassed.

(Hint: If you do go get her anal glands expressed, try not to breathe in).

I hate those braggy bumper stickers. I hate bumper stickers in general, but those are just arrogant (and usually out dated).

~ Denise ~ March 17, 2009 at 6:38 AM  

Great random thoughts...a fun post to read. ;)

Laufa March 17, 2009 at 7:10 AM  

It's good someone is looking toward the future - your hubby.
I would be one of those offending parents, MJ got a C in math this semester. We have to work on money and time - 1st grade.
Great randomness!

Anonymous,  March 17, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

I think it's safe to say we can blame the blogosphere for everything. Like global warming and dog anal glands. I'm with ya.

mielikki March 17, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

oh,your poor lab. She'll never live it down.....
thanks for circus poodling all over my blog!

Anonymous,  March 17, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

I busted my Yorkie dragging her butt across the rug the other day... is it contagious?

buffalodick March 17, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

What are you doin' smellin' a dog's butt?

buffalodick March 17, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

One of my favorite bumpers stickers is "My kid can beat up your honor student"..

Mariam March 17, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

Oh my God that's hilarious on two accounts; Ben Bernanke, and you Lab's anal glands. Love it! These random thoughts are quite wonderful :)

septembermom March 17, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

If your Lab could blush...

Great random thoughts! Funny, yet typical kind of random thought from your husband :)

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy March 17, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

lol, I love the idea that your dog would be furious about you telling us about her needing her anal glands expressed-HA! So cute!

Sprite's Keeper March 17, 2009 at 12:10 PM  

Awesome randomness! As long as your lab can't lift her leg to your computer, you should be allright.

Lisa C. March 17, 2009 at 12:55 PM  

As for the bumper stickers, in our area they have a really small "was" sticker that they MAKE you place over the old sticker.. No messy removals...

hehehe..

As for your lab, I won't mention it..
NOW, if I smell it, I may have to bring it up... I'd only expect her to do the same for me..

Happy Green day!!

H.K. March 17, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

I love your random thoughts! Who knew random thoughts could be so entertaining?

Jenners March 17, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

I love the whole going to the wrong restaurant thing!

And I promised myself I would never put one of those bumper stickers on my car. Never! (But I bet I will.)

And I just posted my second "Fun and Games with Jenners" that was inspired by you! I link to you and gave you credit. And I'll feature you as a "Regular Reader" on my next post. Didn't want to do it on this one because it might get lost in the shuffle with Mr. Linky and all that.

Casey March 17, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

Your poor dog's anal glands.

Those bumper stickers are whack but I'm sure if my kid gets one, I'll be obligated to put it on my car. Otherwise, I'm a bad parent.

Jacquie March 17, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

LOL I love the restaurant, I do that all the time. and as for the bumper stickers if they slip between I don't think they remove.

Shangrila March 18, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

I'll meet you at Chipotle' and bring chocolate-chip cookie dough for dessert. Wait, where ARE you?! Darnit, I guess I'll just have to eat this all myself...

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP