Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spin on Surviving Madmen in March

A recent, actual conversation involving college basketball, about which my husband feels more passionately than the three S's virtually anything:

Me: "So you must be pretty psyched about the Tournament this year, huh?"
Husband: "YES."
Me: "And if we win all our games, leading up to the Final Four?"
Husband: [quivering] "YES! Very excited."
Me: "And our TV will be only allowed on...."
Husband: "College basketball, baBY!"
Me: "And what if we are IN the Final Four? Where is it this year... in Texas, right?"
Husband: [pause] "Yeah. Right. In Texas North."
Me: "Texas Nor..."
Husband: "Otherwise known as Detroit."
:

So, where's the survival part?--I'm being totally serious here, I finished the last sleeve of Thin Mints while my husband was working late. Then I emailed him to let him know.

Payback is hell.

For newer, shinier Survival stories from the street, visit Jen at Sprite's Keeper!

13 comments:

Casey March 11, 2009 at 3:52 AM  

Nicely done, Thin Mint scarfing is the best revenge.

Anonymous,  March 11, 2009 at 4:13 AM  

I so hear you.

I hate March.

We should plan lots of weekend outings in April as revenge (and eat all the junk food.)

~ Denise ~ March 11, 2009 at 6:12 AM  

Basketball or thin mints? You chose the best! ;)

septembermom March 11, 2009 at 7:34 AM  

If only there was a sanctuary for all wives who turn invisible during March madness! Once hubby even begins to dream of the possiblity of "FINALS", I can forget about any chance of catching his attention away from the TV. Hooray for chocolate and blogging!!

buffalodick March 11, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

I don't much care for B-ball, but I love to bet on the teams!

mielikki March 11, 2009 at 8:51 AM  

we are all about the football here. And by we, I actually mean mostly me. March is a free month for us.
If I ate the last thin mint I would probably be assasinated.

Anonymous,  March 11, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

Love the Thin Mint scarfing!!!

♥ Kathy March 11, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Well Miss CDB I see you everywhere, we visit a lot of the same places and you always leave me the nicest comments (thank you about my cat..that broke my heart) so I thought it was about time I brought myself over here and had a look around. I love what I see :) I'll warn you now, I comment on just about everything :o if I get on your nerves just kick me ;) I hope you have a great day! Love, Kathy

Oh yes, I am your newest stalker..lol I mean follower :D yay ♥

buffalodick March 11, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

Michigan is not like Texas! In Texas, law abiding citizens get to carry firearms.. in Michigan- only the bad guys!

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy March 11, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

Oh man, I am SO glad my hubby isn't into college sports. He is already SO obsessed with pro sports that I just wouldn't be able to take it. I might have to divorce him. Seriously.

Jenni March 11, 2009 at 4:52 PM  

Oh yeah....hit him where it hurts! Right in the cookies!

Sprite's Keeper March 12, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

Ouch, you lynched the Mints? Nice! Survival of the fittest be damned! You're linked!

Shangrila March 13, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Bwahahahaha! Good for you! Emailing him afterwords was a nice touch!

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP