Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Killing Two Birds, Part 1

As most of you out there in the blogosphere know, there lots of bloggy games (like reindeer games, but warmer.) I like them. Not only because it wards off writers' block before it occurs, not only because it's spontaneous and creative, but because someone asked you to do it! And if someone asks me to write something, it often follows that they will then read it. Parfait!
Twoday.. pun intended... I'm doing two for the price of one. High Heeled Mama, whom I know in real life, over at High Heels and High Chairs, tagged me for the bag game here. The bag game is great, it allows me to share a little story about what being a Mom is really about.

So, in that vein, here is the story. My mom got me a Coach bag for Mother's Day this year. It meant the world to me, because 1) I've never had a Coach bag before, nor have I ever owned a bag worth more than $40 (which was my last J.Crew Mom purse, that I called a "Mom purse" long before I was a Mom. Irony.) 2) It means I'm officially a grown-up. My son didn't do that. Just the Coach bag.

The problem is, I'm too disheveled and carrying too many things to carry anything more than one bag. Ergo, everything has been going in the Coach bag as late. This leads me to my humor.

This is my Coach bag:


This is my Coach bag on Crack:

Here are the rules:
1) Post a picture of whatever bag you are carrying as of late. No, you cannot go up to your closet and pull out that cute little purse you used back before you had kids. I want to know what you carried today.
2) I want to know how much it cost :) And this is not to judge. This is for entertainment purposes only. So spill it. And if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I'd love to hear it.
3) Tag some chicks. And link back to her post so people know why the heck you're showing everyone your diaper bag/non-diaper bag.
With that, I tag:
:: K over at Interstitial-Life. This is also a friend in real life, who has an amazing blog that you should check out. I have no clue what she is carrying these days but I do know she has her hands full with her little guy.
:: BigBi over at Songs in the Key of Kibi, another friend in real life. Really great blog, and a really cute kid! Though, she's been away, so not sure if she'll play.
:: Ditto for my pal at Isabel & Dudley; I hope she doesn't mind that I'm taggin' her! She's also a busy Mom, so I hope she finds time for the little game.
Remember to link back!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  January 27, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

I'm in.

I might need a few days to get my act together and I don't think my diaper bag will impress anybody, but I love bloggy games.

Someday I will carry a real purse again...I just have no idea when.

CDB January 27, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

Awesome! I'm excited. I understand the few days thing, boy, do I.

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP