Monday, January 19, 2009

Taking a Page From Our Lame-Duck

Something funny happened over the weekend, and you'll never guess who the perpetrator was. That's right! My 19-mo old toddler! (How did you guess that? Because I'm that good, you say.) Ok, you had a 50/50 shot, between toddler and husband. And dogs. 25% isn't bad.

I was sitting in my car in front of the house, chatting with my Mom about Important Topic #983. My mother has a predilection for calling me just as I'm pulling up in front of the house. Give me a package or two, a toddler, a purse and a sippy cup, and it gets difficult to de-car and climb the stairs up to our house. Ergo, I tend to sit and finish the conversation in the car. It's also important to note that the toddler car seat is in the passenger's side of the back seat.

Apparently it was taking too long, and apparently, my son is gaining momentum in motor skills. The Bear, in the back seat, starts to fuss. Then he starts to scream. Short, sudden bursts.

So, picture me there, in the driver's seat, in mid-sentence with my Mom, where we're taking turns cutting each other off. Suddenly, a 4-inch long toddler shoe comes FLYING by my face, landing on the floor of the front seat. I turned around, eyes wide, mouth agape. He was grinning at me, a little speechless himself.

Then he started to say, "Duh? Duh?" (as in "Done?" I am now, you crazy shoe-throwing toddler!)

I tried to relay the story to my mom, and could barely contain my shock. Well, that, and she couldn't hear me over her hysterical laughter.

3 comments:

Pseudo January 19, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

I love this post. And I think I have a mother from the same mold. Always calls at a hectic time and cuts off every sentence I start.

I wonder if your toddler saw the Bush video ; -)

Keely January 20, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

lol! They sure let ya know when they're 'done', don't they??

Anonymous,  January 20, 2009 at 7:20 PM  

Careful! Now that he knows what he can do, next he'll start working on his aim!

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP