Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday Thoughts of Randomness

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important post! Let the games begin!

You all know by now to strap in and hold on, because my brain on RTT is like an acid trip roller coaster; but not a new, cool roller coaster. One of those crotchety old wooden ones that you think you'll get stuck on forever. But trust me, we won't be going upside down.

I've been eating myself out of house and home this week. And last week. And 10 weeks prior to that. I can't eat enough. I just polished off an egg/cheese/bacon on a bagel that someone else prepared for me. It was delicious and my first thought upon last bite was, "I should could eat another one of those." (Addendum: someone next to me just had pancakes and sausage put in front of him, and I'm about to reach over and take a taste. Dare me?)

For those that know me in real life, it's fun knowing why I keep referencing these random things, isn't it?

I really hate white potatoes. But sweet potatoes are totally my thing. And my son's. He can eat the heck outta some sweet pots. Our white potatoes consistently go bad.

I taught my son a new concept, and I was super proud of him for getting it. At first, he took the empty bottle of Aveeno soap and stuck it, open top side down, straight into the water. It did not fill up. I then showed him how to hold it under the water but at an angle, so it filled up with water. It took him one try, and he filled it up. Then he dumped it on me.

It's funny to me that media has started calling it the N1-H1 flu virus, seemingly due to the fact that every one of us can't stand the word "swine".

One of my favorite past times is to people judge watch. I love to make up little narratives about their story. Why she is yelling at the person on the phone. Or why he is yelling loud enough for everyone in the restaurant to hear him chewing out the line cook. Or why the manager always has a smile on his face, no matter how tough things seem to be. Or what the young blonde chick's texts are all about, or why she has her text-message sound setting on her phone set to DEAFENING. These three mystery guys with the pancakes, reading the newspapers. Are they just carpooling, and don't really know each other that well? Are they in a fight? A bitter family estate battle? (Oh. I looked. They're just watching CNN.)

I really need to go on a trip somewhere, soon. I don't care where (and the upcoming wedding my husband is in does not count.) (Be honest, here, CDB.) Okay, the wedding does count I guess. But I want another one.

Speaking of trips, head on over to the Un-Mom, and enjoy her brand of random!

11 comments:

septembermom May 5, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

Love your random thoughts posts! Always fun and entertaining :) I go through those times when I can't stop eating. Gratefully, it usually only lasts a day or two. I catch myself people watching a lot too. But I like the idea of thinking up narratives. Maybe there is some creative inspiration out there...

mielikki May 5, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

wait. You're irish and you don't like white potatoes?
I think, somewhere in Ireland, a leprechaun just lost his wings. Or his pipe. Or rainbow. Whatever.
Great Tuesday!

buffalodick May 5, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

How can you screw up a potato?
My theory on why people talk on the cell phone or text message during a meal in a restaurant: It makes them feel important, and makes them think they are convincing you of it. I used to be the cruise director for the planet Earth, and thought nothing should or could be done without me..I ended up in the hospital and at home for about 6 weeks, and the world went on nicely without me. More people will like you being polite and helpful, than being noisy and rude...

Anonymous,  May 5, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

I love all kinds of potatoes. I'll eat all of them.

I need a trip too.

Maybe we should ditch the families and go on one together?

Happy random Tuesday.

Casey May 5, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

Your little subtle hints aren't working on me anymore, I'm onto you. You've been implanted with an alien!

I love potatoes but sweet potatoes hold a special place in my heart (and stomach).

People watching IS the best, my husband and I do it when we watch the neighbors and we make up insane stories about their lives. I guess that means we don't have lives.

Jenni May 5, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

We are potato opposites! I looove white taters, and sweet potatoes make me gag a little...

Vodka Mom May 5, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

I adore people watching, and also, unfortunately, ALL kinds of potatoes.

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy May 5, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

I also love to people watch and make up stories to go along with what they are doing!

And I need a trip somewhere faaaaaaar away, with no children. Please?

Kitten May 5, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

I love all potatoes...except for the sweet ones. I don't know why. I have a wicked sweet tooth!

Keely May 5, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

Sweet potato fries...nom nom nom. I console myself with the thought that they're healthier for me than REAL fries.

Aren't they?

Keely May 5, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

Oh! And Mr. Linky came back so I linked you up.

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP