Tuesday, May 19, 2009

RTT: Ruminations Titillating and Tumultuous

I've decided to go pamper myself today. It was our last day of "mom's morning out" preschool today for the summer, so I took FULL advantage of the 2.5 hours of free time. Mostly turned the radio up full blast, rolled down every window, and sang at the top of my lungs, among a top notch pedicure other things.

Just DON'T tell my husband about the pampering. His Midwestern values don't jive well there.

("CDB, he reads your blog, stupid.")

That's right, well.. let's change the subject. And don't call me stupid. 'Baby', fine, not 'stupid'.

How is swine flu back in the news?! Have we all learned more about the spread of infectious diseases than we all wanted to know? Don't the WHO participants want to get out and be tourists while in Geneva? It's really a beautiful city, gorgeous waterfront, great restaurants..

My black lab is posted outside the kitchen cabinet where we keep the trash. Motionless. Just staring at the closed doors. He thinks he hears a mouse (he did once, about a year and a half ago. We.. ahem. Caught it.)

Oh, all my Facebook friends that live in maintenance-free condos and townhouses just got grossed out by that last admission. JUST WAIT.

I think this recovery will take some time, in terms of general economic activity, because I think it will be a while before it's "cool" to spend money again. Sure, ladies will still shop, but we're also clipping coupons now with abandon, and those habits will stick around for a while. My theory is housing will turn around much faster, as those of us living in teeny tiny dwellings JUST can't take it anymore and begin to churn the market with housing sales and purchases. (Note: our region is already turning around, but it was predicted to be one of the first. BOO YAH.)

Grab the button, do some random churning of your own, and tell Keely she looks AMAZING without those last three pounds. (Just kidding. Don't say that.)

14 comments:

GreenJello May 19, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

The mice, they do come... and in new homes, too, since the construction people are churning up field mice homes by the dozens. And then they come into your house when you open the door for a second...

DCUrbanDad May 19, 2009 at 5:58 PM  

We had mice in our DC apt. Now we have rats in the backyard. Yum.

Anonymous,  May 20, 2009 at 4:09 AM  

Happy Random Tuesday!

The joys of home ownership, especially old home ownership. Gotta love it.

I'm pretty excited for preschool next year. I can't even imagine some kid free mornings right now.

Sometimes Sophia May 20, 2009 at 4:56 AM  

Sounds like a happy day! Let's hope you're right about the housing market... And looking on the bright side of rodents in residence (I know, I'm the expert...) you could always farm them for sale to your local pet store. Food chain and all that. ;)

Kim May 20, 2009 at 5:21 AM  

I've experienced the mice. We got a cat. Live it up while you can before that next baby takes over your life:) - in a good way, right?

buffalodick May 20, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

Michigan mice moved to your State- nothing to eat here... Housing will not turn around, until most of the foreclosed houses are off the market.. Still pretty bad around here, with Chrysler and GM planning even more cuts..

septembermom May 20, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

Nothing will make me "squeal" and run like seeing a mouse! Enjoy the pampering:)

♥ Braja May 20, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

Mice...I do like them, but would I move in with 'em? Nah...

Keely May 20, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

But...but...I still think it's 'cool' to spend money!

I just don't have any.

Casey May 21, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

Today was Graham's last day at school too, it was sad. I wish I could enjoy the pampering like you did but I had Elliot in zombie mode not letting me out of her sight.

Eww, a mouse? Ha, just kidding. We all have roaches in FL (it's the climate, not our housekeeping skills). Every once in awhile I'll spot one in the house (I know, gross) but I let it slip on my blog and my northern friends all think I'm a gross/dirty/scummy housekeeper. I am, but that's got nothing to do with the roaches.

Debbie May 22, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

I kinda think it is great that being frugal is finally in. I'm been cheap forever!

Tricia May 23, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

Love the blog! I got your link from Suburb Sanity, drop by mypurechaos sometime. Just wanted to say HI!

septembermom May 23, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

Hi, jump over to my blog to pick up your award:)

Jeanne Estridge May 25, 2009 at 3:27 AM  

So, are you planning to be in a new house by the time Jr.2 comes along?

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP