Tuesday, May 26, 2009

RTT: Rushed, and Terribly Tardy

I meant to post my RTT post last night, but my Bachelorette addiction got in the way of that. So I'm late but I'm here. Let's party.

I think God is mad at me, or if not at me, then someone who lives in the Washington, DC Metro area, because it is raining YET AGAIN. It doesn't seem meteorologically possible that we could get more rain in 2009. But here we are. Flash flooding an' all.

A few updates. The nasty horrible nauseous feeling that everyone has had from a few too many the night before? Yeah, that's me all the time right now, only I'm not allowed to just crack a beer in the morning to chase the Spring Break-esque hangover away. This pregnancy couldn't be more different, which is ironic.. because upon finding out, I was immediately pure bravado about it, "eh, this is old hat. I've done this before. NO big deal." News flash: they aren't all the same.

A few updates, in random order:
- still congested, can't hear out of either ear, and still refusing to take anything for it.
- we got the house. Not "new" by any stretch. New to us. Our offer was accepted last week, and we're set up for closing and everything.
- that means we'll be putting our own house on the market after the first one closes. That means you can commit me now.
- simple math will tell you that, yes, we have a lot of stuff to do around here. And the new (old) house that we don't own yet, but soon will. It's enough to make me throw up. Wait, I've already done that today.

I've been really beating myself up lately about my lack of blogging forte. I miss the community; the camaraderie, and mostly I miss laughing at the foibles that are oft discussed, celebrated, and taken back .

But I wanted you all to know, I am here. I am surviving, some days just barely. I am reading, when I can. And I am making attempts to reconcile this game called "life" with this game called "blogging."

10 comments:

mielikki May 26, 2009 at 2:17 PM  

it can be a tough thing to juggle, especially when a wee one is trying to drain your system of all the good stuff.
Moving is tough, I hated every minute of it (almost) last year. Hope it goes smooth...

septembermom May 26, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

Congrats on getting the house! Sure it will be wonderful once you're settled in. You are super busy. Sorry about all that morning sickness. No fun. You're so right how each pregnancy can vary. Take care of yourself any way you can. We're here for you :)

Kim May 26, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

You poor lady. I felt like that for the first four months of my pregnancy and am scared crapless to do it again especially with a toddler to take care of. My hats off to you!!

Hope you get some help with going from old to new. We also moved when i was 7 months pregnant. It sucked big time! Take good care. I'm keeping my eye out for your posts;)

Jenners May 26, 2009 at 7:02 PM  

You have a LOT going on ... I'm amazed you can even do one post. Just hang in there ... this is really tough time! And congrats on the new house ... and good luck selling the other one. Ick. And I hope you feel better soon.

Casey May 26, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

Wow, congrats on the new house! I'm sorry you're still pukey with a cold to boot, take the damn Tylenol Cold already.
Meh, blogging will be here when you can fit it in. Don't worry.

Anonymous,  May 27, 2009 at 4:11 AM  

Good luck with the new "old" house.

Sometimes it's hard to fit the blogging in, but I always feel better when I do.

And the puking...definitely sucks.

Keely May 27, 2009 at 6:05 AM  

omg, you're selling your house and moving while you're pregnant? Gah.

Hope the puking subsides soon at least!

buffalodick May 27, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

Expecting, and moving? Good Lord..Well, at least you have a decent excuse for making someone else carry the stuff!

Jeanne Estridge May 27, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

Congrats on the house! I don't understand why people want new ones, which typically have zero charisma, so double congratulations on acquiring one with some character!

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP