Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Come Out, Come Out

I know, it's high time.

Some of my friends in real life know. Some of my bloggy-friends know. Some of my relatives know because I told them, some know because I didn't tell them.

But when I dropped my nearly-2 year old son off at his Mom's morning out preschool program this morning, it was all I could do to stoop over and put sunscreen on his little baby face. I nearly passed out. Then, as the often jovial, always cordial Moms chatted away, I had to make a break for it. I raced to the car through the brilliant luster of sun-filled morning, felt the cool morning breeze on my face as I admired the no-rain status of the day. Made it to the car. Whew, now everything would be okay, right?

Wrong. Unwrapped the Chewy Granola Bar. Took a bite. Turn up that NPR report, get your mind on other things. The world was spinning a bit, I rolled down the windows. Then it happened. I thought I had the urge to sneeze but... alas.

Let's review.

I'm parked in the preschool parking lot. Happy, lark-like Moms and Dads are all around me, dropping off Joe and Suzy and (let's be more trendy) Madison and Allister.

I race around to the front of the car, bend down next to the front bumper and... YIKES. You guessed it. Got rid of every single item in my stomach including the acid, and my body wasn't quite done. I heaved until I was begging for mercy; it's not like I was in the comfort of my own bathroom here.

A parking lot puking. And you all know what I was thinking, as I clutched onto that front bumper for support.

"Gonna have to blog about this."

There ya have it. Pregnant with a capital P. Heaving with a capital H. And eating like there's no tomorrow.

I'm sorry for my absence as late, but I think this explains a bit more fully where I've "been".

21 comments:

mielikki May 12, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

was kind of guessing this might be the case. Congratulations, I am happy for you! Now if you will just get over this first trimester morning sickness thing, things will be great!

Anonymous,  May 12, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

YAY!!!!

(Not for the heaving part, but for the new baby part).

Congrats! Hope the second triester is a bit more boring.

High Heeled Mama May 12, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

Congrats on finally coming out. Hope the heaving ends soon. Nothing worse than the constant eating, but still puking trimester. Totally unfair...but good fodder for when the 16 year old "it's not fair" arguments start.

jen May 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

i think this was one of the best coming out ... but not totally coming out until the last paragraph ... announcements!
except for the puking part ... sorry that you have to go through that.
congratulations!

Frogs in my formula May 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

Congrats! I was wondering where you were going with this post LOL.

Kitten May 12, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

When you wrote a few weeks ago that you had been eating a lot, I kinda got the feeling...congrats to you my friend!

I think you're going to have a baby girl this time around!

septembermom May 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM  

Hooray for you!! Hope the morning sickness ends very soon. I know how rough that can be. Second trimester will be here before you know it. Such exciting news! I'm thrilled for you!!!

Jeanne Estridge May 12, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

Congratulations! (On the baby, not the puking.)

Twenty Four At Heart May 12, 2009 at 5:28 PM  

Congratulations! Today is my first visit here and look at what exciting news you have! I got SO sick w/my pregnancies so I can definitely sympathize with that part. Hope you're feeling great soon!

Kim May 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM  

That's so great! Congratulations and I hope the sickness goes soon. I got really sick with Deaglan for the first four months so I wish you a short sick time!

Casey May 12, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

It's about time you came out, jeez! I thought that kid would be coming out before you got around to it.

Ugh, it's no fun being pukey and still having to care for another kid. I was sick the ENTIRE time through both of my pregnancies and I puked in some not so great places too. Try Zofran, that was the only drug that helped me.

Yay for being out of the closet! Woot woot! Now brush your teeth.

2 Brits, 2 Yanks, 2 Dogs May 12, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

UGH! I hate that feeling of being really hungry and then puking straight away afterwards.

Congratulations! (Not on the puking on the pregnancy of course)

Unknown May 13, 2009 at 12:25 PM  

Congratulations!!! I think pregnant puking is totally understandable and for some reason, way less gross than regular puking! lol

H.K. May 13, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

I knew it!!! Congratulations and I hope the heaving eases up! Very good news, too bad it comes with yucky side effects, just keep thinking that the heaving will pass soon.

FoN May 13, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

Congrats!! On being knocked up, not the puking. That part sucks. But YAY on the baby!!

Debbie May 14, 2009 at 10:32 AM  

What great news! I'm so happy for you.

Unknown May 14, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

Congratulations! What a great post to announce your pregnancy! Yay!

Keely May 14, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

Yay, congratulations! Sorry bout the sickness part - hopefully it goes away soon!

I was kind of thinking maybe you 'came out' about your blog...this is MUCH more exciting. :)

blissfully caffeinated May 15, 2009 at 12:27 AM  

Just recently came out of my own morning sickness hibernation. I had forgotten how nasty the first trimester is. Congratulations! And I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sprite's Keeper May 15, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

He he, I got it first! Boo-yah!

Jenners May 19, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Haha! So I did guess right on your mystery spin post a while back!!! Woo hoo and official congrats ... and I hope that heaving goes away soon. Miserable!

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP