Tuesday, July 7, 2009

RTT: True Random Tantrums

I've never called one of those "How Am I Driving?" numbers on the back of random trucks, buses, 18-wheelers, soccer moms and cell phone drivers. But today, I came close. This auto-parts store truck had a bright yellow one on his bumper. He wasn't going fast enough to keep up with my next destination, and I couldn't get around him. I caught an air of smugness in his rear view mirror and nearly picked up my phone.

I once rode horses in my younger "free time is free" days. I knew you were never to feed a horse while he/she was still hot, lest bad things happen. I've always assumed this was true with large breed dogs as well, because of bloat. So, I make my two Labs wait until they've cooled off a bit after they come in from the heat, before having dinner. Tonight, we were running late and I sat them down to begin the dinner routine (after the toddler was done. What kind of mom do you think I am?) They were sitting in their spots, my female yellow Lab perfectly still, while my male Lab, Echo, was panting his black-furred butt off.
I swear I saw her nudge Echo:
"Dude! Shut up! She's never going to feed us if you don't shut your damn snout!"

Watching reality television usually winds up making me feel better about myself/my life. Is that bad to admit?

I have begun writing some seriously deep, soul-seeking posts lately...then never posted them. I think I'm getting ready to ramp them up soon. So... strap in! I at least will commit to write more than 1X/week!

Go visit Keely at her place, it's much more random than here. Though, this was pretty random.

4 comments:

septembermom July 7, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

I like the Lab "conversation". Funny! I agree that regular reality TV watching helps me feel more normal. At least, I don't want to marry Flava Flav :)

mielikki July 7, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

my dogs have to do the same thing, some are more prone to bloat than others... and I know they get pissy when they have to wait!
Happy Tuesday

Anonymous,  July 7, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

I think you should have called the number.

I love the imagined dog conversation. Sometimes I'm convinced my cats are plotting.

Happy Tuesday

Casey July 8, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

Hahah, my dogs do the same thing. I never let them eat unless they're calmly sitting and waiting but every once in awhile they'll get antsy and correct each other.

I hate when trucks block and drive too slowly. They totally do it on purpose.

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP