Tuesday, July 14, 2009

RTT: Bad Drivers and Other

The cool thing about blogging is you keep doing it. No matter your mood (swings), habit-forming complaints or hormonal shifts. You get to piece together your own roller coaster before everyone's very eyes!

Tuesdays are one of my favorite days thanks to Keely at the Un-Mom. This is the way my brain functions anyway, so why not drag you all along for the ride?

I got rear-ended. Craziest thing. Pulling out of the supermarket parking lot, focusing on the traffic to the left, then to the right, then BAM! (Really loud BAM.) It took me a second to register what had just happened, then to shift into park, then check my toddler. Oh! And then check myself because I'm pregnant. The culprit came careening around to the driver's window, asking if I was okay and begging me to let him go, he had no insurance, there was no damage, please ma'am, just let me go.. I'm really sorry but I really need to go.

Hm. Well, think about that the next time you forget where your brake peddle is. I checked the bumper. I checked his face for the desperation index. It was pretty high. I let him go. Drove home. (We're fine though, no damage. Yet. I'll let y'all know if my bumper falls off tomorrow.)

We put another offer on a different house! A better house. More on that later.

I taught a couple toddler classes this morning at our local Rec Center and was bushed. My toddler wanted to play with the vending machine buttons. Perfect! I put a dollar in and he chose a Gatorade for me. It was a Gatorade AM. It is called "SHINE ON". I'd like to adopt that as my new motto, as my emotional turmoil of late keeps me guessing daily.

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

6 comments:

Liz Mays July 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Geez, I'm just glad you're ok from being hit in the parking lot. That guy had probably been in a few too many accidents or something!

septembermom July 14, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

"Shine On" is a good motto! You should go for it. Glad that you're o.k. after being hit. He did sound desperate to get out of there. Hope this house offer goes well for you:)

Casey July 14, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Holy crapoli, you got rear ended! Jamie bumped into a car in a parking lot last week since he can't park for shit and was driving our F150. He did the decent thing and left a note but there must not have been any damage since nobody has called.

Classes? What kinda classes are you teaching? How far is the commute? I'll do anything to kill some time.

Stacy Uncorked July 14, 2009 at 8:40 PM  

Holy moly! You got rear ended in a parking lot? So not fun...glad you're OK - and hope your bumper doesn't fall off tomorrow...

Heh, I love the new motto 'Shine On'... ;)

A different but better house...now I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting for that update. ;)

Happy RTT! :)

Anonymous,  July 15, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

Glad the car incident didn't end too badly.

And I hope everything goes well with the new house offer.

Shine on...

Mrsbear July 16, 2009 at 6:35 AM  

I was rear ended Christmas before last leaving our grocery store parking lot by a teenager with his grandma in the passenger seat. It was close to the house so I led them home so we could inspect the damage. It really wasn't bad, minor dent, and the poor kid was a wreck, so in the spirit of the holiday we just shrugged it off and let them go, that kid was so grateful, he hugged both me and my husband. Hopefully he'll be more careful, but that jolt of impact was a terrible surprise. Such a bad feeling. Glad you're alright and there was no damage.

Thanks for stopping by the other day too. :)

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP