Thursday, July 23, 2009

Writer's Workshop: Giddy as a School Girl

3.) What are YOU giddy about? Mama Kat's third prompt was written for me today. I'm as giddy as a school girl.

Yesterday, I got a phone call that made me very happy.. excited.. ecstatic.. and, well, giddy. I have been chosen to be a Discussion Leader at the new Mom's social networking site, Moms Like Me. It's a pilot program, with localized Mom's sites up in cities all over the country, with topics geared to us, the Mom, and is just the perfect extension of my life. Check me (us) out!

My role will be to start discussions, reply to ongoing discussions, help users out with the site, welcome new users and help with site management monitoring. In short, it will be like breathing for me.

What do I do all day long? Check email. Talk to other Moms. Check blog comments. Talk to my toddler. Talk to my Mom friends' toddlers. Check the market. Complain about pregnancy discomforts. Chide the dogs for nabbing the pita bread off the counter while we were at the park. Eat. Talk about eating. Potty train. Play.

Ok, ok. I do other stuff too. But the point of all this is, I'm extremely excited to forge this new partnership, and yes.. I'm giddy like a school girl.

Full Disclosure: I am being compensated for my role at MLM.

That's right!!! Comp-en-sated! Let's just call it my first book deal!!

No, on second thought, let's climb back down the reality pole. But hey, it's a start!

14 comments:

Liz Mays July 23, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

That's fantastic! Yay you!!! That is like a book deal. Just think what this could lead to....

Anonymous,  July 23, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

Congrats!

I hope you love it.

KatBouska July 23, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

That's the life right there!! Pretty much everything I already do...just minus about 8 kids. ;)

KatBouska July 23, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

That's the life right there!! Pretty much everything I already do...just minus about 8 kids. ;)

mielikki July 23, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

excellent! Its nice to be paid to do something fun...

Debbie July 23, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

That is wonderful news! You are perfect for the job.

septembermom July 23, 2009 at 5:59 PM  

You'll be an awesome discussion leader! Congrats:) Great reason to be giddy. Sounds like fun!

Blicky Kitty July 23, 2009 at 6:19 PM  

Congratulations! You'll be perfect at it and it sounds like such a perfect mommy job!

jen July 24, 2009 at 5:28 AM  

yippee! i'm giddy for you!

Unknown July 24, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

Yay for you! That is so exciting. Congratulations!

Casey July 24, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

That sounds like a lovely gig. Congrats!

♥ Kathy July 26, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

Oh you're gonna do great! Congrats hun! I missed ya :)

♥ Kathy July 26, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

You've won an award CDB! Click here to get it :)

Jeanne Estridge July 27, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

How very cool! I'm sure you'll do great!

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP