Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spinning: Mystery Post

This week it's a free-for-all, over at the Spin Cycle hub, Sprite's Keeper. I like free form writing, clearly, since I subject you all to it every week.

But this week is a "Mystery Post" for my Spin. Why do I always ask so many questions? As in, what is going on with these random things with me?

1. Why am I dusting and cleaning spaces in my house that rarely see dusting and cleaning?
(Spring time? Warm weather back in season?) There must be dust in my head, so when I look around I see it, like dust-colored glasses.
2. Why do I still have this danged head cold, going on two weeks now?
(Stubborn? Won't take anything? Went to the doc and didn't take what they gave me?)
3. Why am I oscillating between irritation and tearing up at car insurance commercials?
(Ah. PMS? TMI? LOL?)
4. Why do I not feel any motivation to do anything, at times?
5. Why did I fall off the wagon just days before a true commitment to participation in Casey's HASAY project?
6. Related, why did I spend 20 minutes trying to choose between Butter Pecan and Moose Trax ice cream, when my favorite flavor is Mint Chocolate Chip? (I wound up getting both.)
7. And please tell me, someone, why it is that I forget where I'm going the minute we start driving somewhere? The poor toddler is running out of back-up plans. And "Toy Store" is getting redundant.

For what this post lacked in humor, it made up for in mystery. Now go check out the better Spins at Sprite's place.. her Keeper is pretty hilarious.

21 comments:

Sprite's Keeper April 9, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

Oh my God! Are you? You are, aren't you? Even if you aren't, tell me you are, because I'm getting REALLY FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!!!
You're linked!
TELL ME!!!!

Sprite's Keeper April 9, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

Okay, now I'm worried that I may have jumped the gun here. If I need to retract my previous statement then I'm sorry, but still hopeful that I was right. Was I right?
I mean, you would tell me if I was right, right?
TELL ME!!!!

septembermom April 9, 2009 at 7:59 PM  

So many questions bouncing in all our mom heads! We even interrogate ourselves at times. No rest for the weary! I enjoyed reading your spin this week.

H.K. April 9, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

When my grandmother had those type of moments she would call it a "senior moment." When a mom with young children has that, I call it a "mother's moment." I have them every day!

Anna Lefler April 9, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

I can relate - it takes me ages to pick ice cream!

:^) Anna

Anonymous,  April 10, 2009 at 4:12 AM  

I don't think I'm am allowed to participate in the guessing.

But I enjoyed the post. Excellent mystery indeed.

Jeanne Estridge April 10, 2009 at 5:18 AM  

I second (third?) sprite and K's guesses!

Jenners April 10, 2009 at 5:47 AM  

Hey--Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite too.. But I digress and I want to figure out your mystery.

1. Cleaning .... similar to nesting, perhaps.
2. Not taking medicine... so as not to harm something that might be growing?
3. Hormones ... this could be due to anytime but I know when I was really hormonal like that ... about 4 years ago
4.Tiredness and fatigue ... it is getting clearer now.
5. Don't want to lose weight (I'm assuming that is what HASAY is) because that wouldn't be good right now ... expected weight gain is foreseen in the future
6. Indecisive and craving for ice cream....
7. Forgetfulness...

I think I solved your mystery...and congrats to you! YAY!

Hit 40 April 10, 2009 at 6:02 AM  

I have a list of where I am going when I leave the house. My kids like to keep track of it and cross things off. Or, I would forget what I was doing too.

What A Card April 10, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

Visiting from SITS...you were the commenter before me today :)

I love your ice cream buying plan. Breyer's was half-off at my grocery store today. Of course I took that as a sign to buy two!

Sprite's Keeper April 10, 2009 at 12:16 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
buffalodick April 10, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

You epitomize what I like about women- I have no idea what you're talking about, but you are so darn cute doing it!

Casey April 10, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

Wait, was Sprite's Keeper implying that you're pregnant? What did I miss? Are you? Woah! Congrats if you are, sorry to imply that you were if you're not. Also, if not, are you on board with HASAY? I never added you to the mailing list and all of that jazz if you are, I thought you were teetering on the brink of joining but hadn't quite joined and I wasn't going to pressure you. It might not matter anyway if SK's guess is right. Now I'm curious. BTW, Michelle from Michellesamom is preggo and she started club TABAY (Twice As Big As You) which is a little side club that follows HASAY. Ack, there I go assuming again. Tell me, NOW!

Rachel April 10, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

Awwwwwwwww, yep, I recognize the symptoms. Congrats!

casual cutie April 10, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

haha.."Mystery Post" make me exited to read your post.

Anonymous,  April 11, 2009 at 4:13 AM  

Wait, are congratulations in order? Really? Really and truly? If so, congratulations!!!!

septembermom April 11, 2009 at 6:18 PM  

After reading everyone's comments, I feel like I really missed the mark. Is Sprite's Keeper right? If so, big, big congrats!! I left an award for you on my blog today too!!

musingwoman April 12, 2009 at 5:01 AM  

Seems congratulations are in order! So happy for you!

kel April 12, 2009 at 5:56 AM  

I'm new so I won't guesss.. But that was a fun post!

Vodka Mom April 12, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

dammit. Now I need me some damn ice cream.


Happy Easter!!!

FoN April 12, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

I wish I had the anal cleaning gene. I don't. I like ice cream 'tho! :)

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP