Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ode to You, and You and You

Just a quick note tonight, to let y'all know that I'm thinking about you. Literally. Thinking about you all, in your glory and honor as stir-crazy soldiers of the written word fellow bloggers. In your written splendor and photographing genius, which beauty and thought-provocation keeps me coming back, again and again.

I do get obsessed easily. When I joined Facebook, I stayed on it for about 14 days straight (didn't everyone?) But still.

Driving down to the airport today to fetch my husband back to the real world, I heard "Tangled Up in Blue" by Bob Dylan, and was immediately taken to Blicky's analytical mind (games.) Frustrated with myself mid-day for failing (yet again) to get my 35mm roll developed to share the cherry blossom explosion, I thought of myself standing on a riverbank, like IB. Just.. waiting my life out. Waiting to really get serious about photography; waiting until the right ending "hits me" to finish that short story. Putting off April is Poetry Month reminders.

Thinking about all my new friends in Canada, (who thought the Final Four was a band!)

Cheering a fellow bloggers' 200th post in all its simplistic glory. Recognizing the joy of a blog post from real life, since I was at the party. Sparring with others on the "big games" of this weekend, reliving college rivalries again. Watching a community come together with amazing support for a fellow blogger when the unthinkable happens.

Getting caught in the beauty of a new Followers' profile picture, full wind in the sails. Laughing at Jeanne, laughing at Jenners. I even cooked a recipe straight from Buff's description! And it was fabulous!

All of this and more. It's support. It's caring and consideration. Not to put too fine a point on it, but .. a lot like family.

You all are with me, truly. Madly, deeply.

18 comments:

FoN April 7, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Just so you know, not all Canadians are a stupid as me. :)

musingwoman April 8, 2009 at 3:21 AM  

Oh, fun. Some new blogs to check out!

P.S. Truly Madly Deeply is a favorite film of mine :)

IB April 8, 2009 at 4:56 AM  

CDB,

That's such a touching tribute. Thanks for the link, I am flattered.

I too am impressed with how connected I feel to other bloggers. We share so much of our selves with each other, I guess it's inevitable we come to feel like family.

IB

Unknown April 8, 2009 at 5:37 AM  

This is wonderful. I really cherish all my blog relationships, more than I ever thought I would. Thank you for being part of my non IRL world.

Kim April 8, 2009 at 6:37 AM  

It's true about the blogging community - you start depending on the support. I'm glad we ran into each other at this virtual get-together!

Hey - I knew what the final four was - I maybe couldn't tell you what sport - probably would've assumed it was hockey:)

buffalodick April 8, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

Which recipe? I'm usually a "you kinda had ta be there" cook, who measures nothing smaller than a cup...But thanks for the props!

Cid April 8, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

Funny, I wrote a letter yesterday to my family about my blogging, not that any of them will read it, but I do like that so many out there are reading and writing. You have introduced me to some wonderful characters I might never have discovered on my own. Thanks for the link - trim the sails and full speed ahead!

Heather April 8, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

Oh, Jenners always makes me laugh too! She's terrific, huh?
Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :)

Anonymous,  April 8, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

It's a beautiful post.

I love having a real life friend who also blogs. It's been very interesting to see this other side of you and get to know you better through blogging.

Tami (Pixeltrash) April 8, 2009 at 12:45 PM  

It is true that people are opening up their worlds for us to peek into. It is a little voyeristic. I love it! Nice post!

Captain Dumbass April 8, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

I loved that movie. And I'm just as dumb as FoN, though I do know what the final four are.

H.K. April 8, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

I love how you recognized other people's blogs with a story, very clever! I've developed a habit of blog stalking, so I'll have to stalk those blogs you mentioned.

septembermom April 8, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

I love all the positive energy that flows between all of our blogs. We really do support each other in so many ways. It's nice to know that someone is listening out there, somewhere. When I started blogging, I didn't realize how connected I would feel with other bloggers. It has become a gift.

Casey April 8, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

I didn't know what the final four was until a few years ago and I grew up in FL. Oops.

Anonymous,  April 8, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

It's funny how attached to each other we get, isn't it?

Jeanne Estridge April 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM  

Aren't you just the nicest person? Blogworld has proven to be so much more than I ever expected....

Kelly Deneen Raymond April 8, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

:) I do love the friendships we build through the blogosphere. So nice!

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today!

Jenners April 10, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

Awwwww.... that was a really really sweet post. I feel the same way about everyone I've met blogging. It is amazing how "intimate" you can get via the blog ... and how you begin to look forward to seeing what is going on in everyone's life...or what silly thing they will say next. It has made my life as a stay at home mom so much more bearable! And you are a large part of that! : )

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP