Monday, April 6, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts: Obsession

I can't think of ANYthing else besides the Final game tonight (NCAA championship, for those of you NOT following along at home.)

Some might call it an obsession. Some may call it loyalty. I just call it passion.

Somehow, watching the Heels warm up, watching the Carolina fans in the crowd, I am instantly, immediately connected to my 1) undergrad years in Chapel Hill and 2) every year since the year we graduated which is.. (ha! Wouldn't YOU like to know.) There really is an undeniable tie that binds in sport. It's true.

But I do feel random, as usual. I'm really surprised Kevin Spacey sold out and did an Infiniti commercial. He is one quality actor. Can't his agent get him some better gigs?

Half-time: UNC 55, MSU 34

There is more drama in one casual late-afternoon outing with a toddler than in all the daytime soap operas on at the same time.
Why don't the writers of those shows just observe an average 22-month old at the Barnes&Noble kids section, surrounded by competing bright colors, board books, other targets to take trains from kids around the train table, and multi-level climbing opportunities not designed for that purpose? You've got your mystery. Your comedy. Your bait-n-switch. Your betrayal (Mom beckons you over to show you the book she found. You walk the other way.)

The cherry blossoms have bloomed here, and are already blowing off the trees, leaving a gorgeous rose-petal like mosaic in the wind's path. We're walking up an altar-like sidewalk of dropped petals upon the approach to the house. Like the royalty that we are.

Final score: doesn't matter. THEY DID IT! I'm so proud of these guys, I feel like they are my own kids. They deserve it. GO HEELS! (And for anyone who cares, 89-72!)

And my husband was there to witness it.
(Don't worry. I'll get a SWEET trip out of this.)

18 comments:

Casey April 7, 2009 at 3:55 AM  

Congrats on your team winning! I don't do basketball but it was so exciting a few years back when our team won the Superbowl so I get the excitement.
I had to stop going to Barnes and Noble for story time since my kid is a runner and it was more of a workout for me vs a relaxing story.

Anonymous,  April 7, 2009 at 4:56 AM  

The hubby got to watch both the final four game and the championship game - he is a very lucky man.

I'm glad they won.

And I do love the cherry blossoms.

mielikki April 7, 2009 at 6:52 AM  

ooh, cherry blossoms. I love those.
Conga rats on the basketball. I'm a football girl, but I get the loyalty thing...

Unknown April 7, 2009 at 7:10 AM  

Crow is definitely not my favorite breakfast food. Will all those UNC players please go to the pros now?

Seriously, congratulations. I bet your husband had THE best time!

buffalodick April 7, 2009 at 7:32 AM  

As a resident of Michigan, it was a painful game to watch- but congrats.... The best team did win, for sure..

septembermom April 7, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

Hooray that your team won!! Exciting games! Your hubby owes you big time:) Cherry blossoms are beautiful. Love them.

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures April 7, 2009 at 10:52 AM  

I dated a boy in high school who was in love with everything Tarheels. Glad they won : )

MediMonsters April 7, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

Congrats to your team for winning.

We feel the same way about our LSU Tigers!!

Cherry blossoms are so pretty.

M April 7, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

Wasn't much of a game. I would've prefered a little more excitement myself.

Thanks for coming over for my SITS day!!

Ashley April 7, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

Congrats to your team. I was pulling for UNC.... but then I fell asleep. Oops. Haha!

Just stopping by from SITS!

Hit 40 April 7, 2009 at 12:12 PM  

I would love to see a photo of the cherry blossom petals!

Unknown April 7, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

When we went to books a million Aden was not even worried about the books he was after the tain they had. I have a 3 year old I know what you mean. LOl

Lynnette Labelle April 7, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

I'm glad your team won. That's great!

Lynnette Labelle
http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  April 7, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

That was so worth it for you to send him off for that game. Congratulations on your win!

CDB April 7, 2009 at 3:38 PM  

@ALL, thanks for all the well-wishes for UNC winning. That means a lot!
@Hit40: that is all I need to hear! I have some that need developing/scanning, and I will post soon. Yes, I'm still on 35mm.

Ok. Truth. Also testing out a change I made to my blog email profile.

Unknown April 7, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

Leaving Some Love from SITS!!

Jenners April 7, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

Congrats on your team winning. I could care less about NCAA stuff but quite a few seem so into it so I am happy for you. : )

And I think it is great your hubby got to see it in real life.

And I can't wait to see what you get to do!

Keely April 7, 2009 at 7:05 PM  

Maybe Kevin Spacey actually LIKES the Infiniti.

It could happen.

Congrats on your team winning!

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP