Wednesday, December 24, 2008

'Twas the Night Before

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the land,
Bloggers were blogging by key and by hand.
Laptops were staged at the in-laws with care,
In hopes that Santa (the muse) would rescue them there.

Our toddlers and relatives were snug in their beds,
With visions of blog posts stamped in their heads.
And I with my keystrokes and my iGoogle maps,
Had just settled down for some quick blogger taps.

When out in the blogosphere there arose such a post
I nosed over to check who had the most
When what to my wondering eyes should appear
But a Santa blog following all eight cute reindeer.

I went to http://www.noradsanta.org to check his progress,
But my maps got me confused and I really digressed,
When I found Santa's blog at http://clauschronicles.blogspot.com/
I knew in a flash there was no cause for alarm.

He was on his way with his sleigh and his jolly red self
And no man or blogger could mess with this elf.
Come hell or high water or pie in the sky
Gifts will get wrapped and bows will be tied.

So perk up you bloggers with your typeset so fine,
Have a beer, some eggnog, and a very fine wine.
Together with Santa we'll sing and we'll cheer it:
The finest gift of the whole year: our good Christmas spirit.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 26, 2008 at 11:39 AM  

I like it. Very cute.

Hope all is well and that the trip is going smoothly.

Sprite's Keeper March 20, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

Trying to find your part 1 of Flying Blind and came across this. You are a poet after my own heart! I adore this!

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP