Friday, February 26, 2010

A-B-Charming

If Calculus is the study of change, then toddlers are the study of discovery.

A little while ago, my Mom introduced my toddler to a website that helps preschoolers learn their ABCs, "Starfall". He loved it and asked for it often every time he caught sight of anyone's laptop. Many times I found myself explaining that you had to "go" there, it was a "website", it wasn't always on as soon as we looked at the computer.

Many weeks have passed since he's last played it.

This morning, I was checking my email while eating breakfast (while doing four other tasks, a necessity to which any Mom can relate.)

My toddler sidled up to me and asked to play the ABCs on the computer. I managed to rebuff him for a moment.

"I want to play ABCs!"
"Not right now, sweetie, we have to get dressed."
"I want to play ABCs! Please!"
"Not right now, sweetie, I'm almost done here, it's time to clean up breakfast/get baby A up/[fill in normal task here]."
"I want to play ABCs dot com! Pleeeease!"
"Did you just say 'dot com'?"
[Smile]

He got to play. For a toddler minute.

12 comments:

buffalodick February 26, 2010 at 12:20 PM  

How the world has changed...

♥ Kathy February 26, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

How cute! Zoodles is a good site too..maybe a lil older group. We started our granddaughter on it when she was 4. It teaches counting, reading, measuring (Olivia's fav was Curious George asking how tall is this? and she guessed the house was 5 roosters tall just for an example :D lol)

CoconutPalmDesigns February 26, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

Hi. I love your blog! Your children are absolutely beautiful!!

Stopping by from SITS. I'm now following you.

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Brassy Apple February 27, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

we love starfall around here!

stopping by from SITS! enjoy your weekend!

Jessica February 27, 2010 at 7:13 AM  

you posted a comment above me on sharefest saturday(SITS)! Love your blog and hope your day is great!

septembermom February 27, 2010 at 8:29 AM  

My kids are all huge Internet game fans. My youngest thinks that there is a game for everything on here. She's practically right.

Jessica February 27, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

I nominated you for an award! Stop by my site and check it out!

Genevieve Richer March 1, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

That was flippin priceless! Made me smile! My kids are 11, 8 & 3. My little one is always coming up with that kind of stuff! LOVE IT!
I'm now a follower!
http://genevieve-celebratetoday.blogspot.com/

Genevieve Richer March 1, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

That was flippin priceless! Made me smile! My kids are 11, 8 & 3. My little one is always coming up with that kind of stuff! LOVE IT!
I'm now a follower!
http://genevieve-celebratetoday.blogspot.com/

Tammy March 1, 2010 at 1:13 PM  

Amazing they know that...:) Stopping by from SITS! Cute blog you have.

J Cosmo Newbery March 2, 2010 at 1:36 AM  

And we know what he's just learnt, don't we?

Sabrina March 3, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

I love it when they stop you in your tracks like that.

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP