Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Big Push

Ugh. This life thing is really getting in the way of blogging. Anyone else feeling that pain?

The other day, when I was released to the wild for a blissful 2.5 hours for a lunch downtown in Northwest D.C., I got to ride home. All... by... myself. So, I cranked the radio (of course.) Sang like nobody could hear me (nobody could.) And thought free thoughts about my life (for a period of minutes which felt like days.)

For too long, I've been making excuses. I've been on the edge of the bridge for some time now, looking down into the gorge, which--trust me! Is steep! Like, picture.... a bungee jumping commercial. Or Victoria Falls.

But I'm tired of hanging on to the edge of the bridge. I came from one side of the bridge.. where there was money and prosperity, a big city with nice restaurants, neighbors that drove Ferraris and constant conspicuous consumption. Trust me, it's so easy to hop back up on the bridge and start trucking back into town. I could hitchhike with the next 7-series I see.

Continue on the other direction over the bridge and you find...maybe a calm, peaceful pond with a few frogs croaking, crickets chirping. Many crickets, actually.. similar to the noise used on cartoons to denote exaggerated silence.

[cue crickets]

So, with a deep breath, one last look in any direction but down towards the roaring rapids, I go! Why not? Nobody's going to push me. I keep looking behind me for that push, and nobody's there!

For further explanation, see my photo blog, where I have begun portfolio building betwixt life chronicling. Portfolio building-->shooting friends-->shooting clients-->starting small business of my own. That's the rub.

6 comments:

♥ Kathy March 5, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

Sometimes when I get a little extra time I'll write two or three blog posts and then schedule them :) It helps...and I ♥ your photo blog but this you already know :D

septembermom March 5, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

I keep looking for a push too. I feel like I'm on a tightrope between two Kellys most days. Love your photo blog. It's great.

My Lipstick Life March 5, 2010 at 7:19 PM  

Sounds like you're at a crossroads - hope you find your path! Have a great weekend, SITSta!

Sharlene T. March 5, 2010 at 10:30 PM  

Lived in your area for 22 years, SITSta! Great place. Sounds like it's reflection time in your life. What a great time for developing new paths to follow. You really don't have a problem, you just need two more heads and three more sets of arms and hands! There. Problem solved.

rental mobil March 20, 2010 at 12:54 AM  

wow great post and great advice. I tend to only read the blogs that I find interesting .
Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.

sewa mobil June 12, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

wow great post and great advice. I tend to only read the blogs that I find interesting .
Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.

SiteMeter

Copyright

Copyright © 2008-2009 C.D. Bucher. The content on these pages, including text and images are the sole property of the author and may not be used or reproduced in any manner without consent. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP